BluMote is a bluetooth remote control and app for your smartphone. It can act as a panic button to:
- Automatically place an emergency call
- Send out SMS with GPS location and other data to selected contacts
- Covertly record audio (for anti-corruption)
- Open doors and gates by integrating with the openSHAC project from House4Hack
- Anything else we care to program!
Launch at MOMO Joburg
The above video is the BluMote presentation at MOMO Joburg that won the competition – “Changing the world through innovation”. Zombie video recorded at House4Hack. Development version PCB for BluMote created by www.openhardware.co.za.
BluMote uses Arduino on the AT Tiny 2313 and the arduino 1.0 files are here https://github.com/house4hack/BluMote/tree/master/arduino
The Android code for the app is here https://github.com/house4hack/BluMote
Eagle design files are booked in under https://github.com/house4hack/BluMote/tree/master/eagle
Video shown on CNBC Africa – Tech@Work: