Philip tells the story of our High Altitude Glider FPV flite. The project was a huge success and went without a glitch…we released the glider at 20000 ft and the balloon + camera payload went to 32km.
We completed this project in collaboration with the HABEX team – we loved working with these like-minded guys, and they
- organized sponsorship of the hydrogen from AFROX
- sponsored the balloons
- sponsored the APRS units used (three in total for cars and glider)
- communicated and liaised with CAMU for permission to complete the endeavour
- providing lots of wisdom, advise, support and direction
- lots of other things, without which this would not have been possible!