ZARCDEV is planning a “Build your own quadcopter” course on the 10th of May 2014 at House4Hack.
Included in the course is the following:
- Background and some theory of flight
- What makes it fly and what stops it from flying (the latter is quite important!)
- How to fly safely and grow the sport (don’t be a dork!)
- The components of the quadcopter and how they fit together
- Some soldering basics
- Step-by-step building the quadcopter
- Your first flight
- 1 free flying lesson (learn with a toy copter before you check the cat’s 9 lives)
Aurora 9 Radio Transmitter
Training is fully booked for Saturday!
We will be announcing training dates for May soon, so watch this space.
550L Aquaponics system
A couple of months ago Dennis presented a course on building a desktop aquaponics course which was a demonstrator of the technology that turns fish food into organic vegetables and fresh fish.
Dennis was also featured on Let’s Talk Hack where he went into how Black Soldier Flies supplements an aquaponics system, to use kitchen waste as the food source for the fish! This adds a very interesting dimension, reducing total waste for a household.
Saturday, Dennis presented a course and system build on a large scale aquaponics system – the course consisted of a theory portion and then a build.