Some exciting things planned for May at H4H Centurion-
– Talk on Beer Brewing : Herman
– Introduction to CNC : Dries
– Hacking with RFID : Andrew
– Arduino Introduction
– Arduino Advanced
– Arduino Meets Android
– $10 robot
Watch this space!
my raspberry pi
a dream I am yet denied
I hate you, you suck
Dries and his team produced a set of kids furniture using the CNC machine:
and we have been toying with the idea of making this interactive. On Saturday, I hacked together a RFID based sound player, which could be the beginnings of this interactivitiy:
I think it could be fun to tackle this as a group, building up some collective learning on the way and having a sellable product as the end result. We could tackle this with the following modules:
- CNC basics, simple design and first cuts
- Building the Wave shield – play music with your Arduino
- RFID Hacks
- Product design – features, price point, market research
- Building the prototype
- Setting up an eCommerce site and marketing the product
Everyone would cover their own costs, but the modules would be free for House Members and R200 for non members.
If you are interested, please let me know – we will most likely start next Tuesday 1 May.
Project wiki: http://house4hack.co.za/wiki/index.php/Interactive_kids_table